User Input - Tables and Comments

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:44:05 EST 2008

Hello ,

We have implemented "Invoices blocked for qty and price reasons" Wf in association with release complete WF. This Wf handles the need of getting the WIs to releavant PUR and FI agnets.

There are associated FI WFs for amount relaease and Payment release as standard templates with 1 - 3 levels of approvals.

May be you could evaluate the use of these as a complete package to meet your needs

We have implemented these in ECC 6.0 and are in testing Phase.

Ramanan

From: michaelm at duke.eduTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: User Input - Tables and CommentsDate: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:37:16 -0500

I have a general question, and a specific example.

At times, you may want to route a workflow item to an agent and return more than a simple user choice or a structure of values.  In some cases we want to obtain a *table* of values.  Is there a standard or best practice way for doing that?  ( I tried using a ‘form’ with a multi-line container element, but that did not work.  Nor was I able to reference ‘table types’ established in the workflow container.  )

In particular, we would like to route the notification of a blocked invoice to the inbox of an agent, provide that agent with a description of the condition, and obtain from that agent a decision and some number of values in a table of structured data.  Here's a link to a screen mock-up (user inputs in yellow).  Are there any objects set up to do this type of activity? Additionally, this particular workflow could pass back and forth between the requestor and our procurement department multiple times - we’d like a way to add comments, and to display previous comments... Again, are there any building blocks already set up to do this?

Our working idea is…

Adding a Method to Our Main Business Object
Invoking that method from a task
Having that call bring up a screen filled with enough containers to house the variety of CL_GUI_ (textedit,grid) objects we need
Implementing the logging as a formatted text string, appending new info as needed

I’m looking for best practices and standardization techniques, and I welcome the community’s response.

Thanks…

…Mike McInerney
Duke University
(919)684-5371