Workflow for approval of materials created using RFC FM

Vinod Viswanathan Vinod.Viswanathan at in.fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 25 18:15:09 EDT 2008

Hi Srinivas,

Before giving you a solution, I have some questions and there are corresponding solutions for each option.

*
	I searched for the event which is triggered on creation of a material by creating a material. No BOR event was triggered
*
	Where is this RFC function module going to be used. In the workflow or outside the workflow?
*
	If you want you can trigger a workflow for approval whenever a material is created, do the following

		1.
			Create a material using MM01.  Go to swe2 and find out which event is triggered on save(check if event trace is on).
		2.	Use that event and BOR object as your workflow trigger point and specify it in your workflow header under "triggering events" and activate it. (SWDD-create workflow)
		3.	If no event is triggered, you have to search for a BADI or user exit and trigger an event from there using FM 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE'.

				For BOR object and Event, search in swo1 using * and search on material... there are multiple BOR objects. Choose whatever suits your requirement. (The last one seems appropriate to me)

				*	BUS1001       Material
				*	BUS1001001 Retail material
				*	BUS1001006 Standard material
				*	MDMMARA  Material(MDM)

                                The only hitch:- This will trigger a workflow also when a material is created manually and not by your BAPI.  I think this wont raise an objection.

*
	If you are going to create materials using ur BAPI only for certain material types,  you can create a function module to check for conditions(material type) and raise an exception.
*
	Give this function module name in the field for check function module field in SWETYPV by double clicking on the line that is showing your BOR object and method.
*
	Whenever an exception is raised by your FM, workflow is not triggered.
*
	Create appropriate steps in your workflow(its very simple)... create a task... link it to your custom bor method(create custom methods using SWO1)
*
	You can create your approval step using a decision box... you can specify the approver's SAP user name(fetch using BOR method or hard code it) and it will go to his SAP inbox

Have explained in short... Let me know if this helps... Hope it does :-x

Cheers,

Vinod