Sending an email from workflow

Veit Unger veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Thu Aug 21 04:03:51 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

you should be fine with SELFITEM-SENDTASKDESCRIPTION. It can send to
external adresses as well, just depends on what you feed in as receivers.
Of course it is somewhat limited to simple text with a couple of field
replacements. If you have need for fully formatted emails with embedded
pictures whatever, you probably have to go other ways and invest more
effort...

kind regards,
Veit

--

Dipl. WiInf Veit Unger

Managing Consultant / IT Architect
Global Business Services / CRM

IBM Deutschland
Nahmitzer Damm 12
12277 Berlin
Phone: +49-0170 9147650
E-Mail: veit.unger at de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Erich Clementi
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Christian Diedrich,
Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Thomas Fell, Michael Diemer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 14562 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

"Christian Wallner" <C.Wallner at ats.net>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
21.08.2008 09:46
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Sending an email from workflow

Hi fellows,

I'm sure I'm blaming myself now but I have never needed a wf step like
that so far: I just want to send an info email (lotus notes) to the email
address of &_WF_INITIATOR&.
Sure I can implement a BOR or OO Method and accomplish that, but is there
a slightly more comfortable way? :-)

SELFITEM -SENDTASKDESCRIPTION just sends to sbwp.

best regards,
Chris

AT&S Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik AG
Legal form | Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft
Registered office | Sitz: Fabriksgasse 13, 8700 Leoben, Austria
Commercial Register Number | Firmenbuchnummer: FN 55638 x, Landesgericht
Leoben

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.