Error in the evaluation of expression..." with empty attributes

Schmidt, Jake (SN) jake.schmidt at spiritaero.com
Wed Aug 20 14:17:02 EDT 2008

Akshay,

To extend on Mike's example I've had this happen at a &ZOBJ1.ATTR& (just
one subtype, not 2).  This was happening on a couple material master
attributes (BUS1001006) that were created from classification data
(function module to read those in).  My fix was to use a container
operation to bind &ZOBJ1.ATTR& into the WF Container as a stand alone
element.
At runtime the WF doesn't error out if the WF Container element is empty
as opposed to the object type.

I've always assumed it had something to do with how our consultant set
up those virtual attributes.  I've never fixed it since my non-elegant
work around works.  If your problem is similar and you do fix then
please share!

Thanks
Jake
Spirit Aerosystems