BAPIs to execute workflow decisions

Kim Obermair kobermair at infologix.com
Thu Aug 14 23:22:07 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I have a very simple workflow (for test purposes only) which has a user
decision step and once the decision is processed, executes a send mail
step for either approve or reject.  When I initiate this workflow via
SWDD it places the user decision item into my workspace.  When I approve
or reject in dialog mode, the user decision step is completed and the
send mail message sent to my SAPMail.

I wish to execute this user decision step via a BAPI and have used
SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE.  This does complete the work item, but does
not log my decision for the user decision step nor does it initiate the
next step (Send Mail).  Has anyone had any experience in using BAPIs
from a Java application in order to process workflows?

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Kim