Fw: UWL - refresh inbox after workitem execution?

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Wed Aug 6 19:08:20 EDT 2008

Paul,

There are a lot of technical hurdles in making it work. The main problem is
that the UWL is designed to handle anything you throw at it - which it does
quite well. The downside here is that it has to cater for the lowest common
denominator and standardize on that. In this case it's a back-end/SAPGUI
task which launches in a separate WinGUI window where all communication gets
lost, therefore the UWL can never know when a task finishes.

Technically this doesn't happen anyway. The UWL doesn't 'know' because
there's no transaction concept, the key difference to SBWP is that the UWL
*launches* a task. Thus it's the task that needs to signal to the UWL when
it's done. In our case we built some task executions directly into the UWL
so that it executed in it's own subframe, or else the BSP launched by the
task would navigate the user back to the UWL upon completion. In other words
the task does the refresh (sortof). Again, this was only possible because we
developed both task and worklist using BSP.

Like I said: if you have a few months to spare....

Cheers,
Mike