Sub Workflow

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Sat Apr 19 09:38:13 EDT 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008 19:15:48 Vijay Kumar wrote:
> All,
>   Document workflow approval has sub workflows based on document type, it
> will be found from a custom table and the issue is some reason sub workflow
> is not getting trigger if we create document using differant transaction.
A-ha.... and this different transaction might be....
- a SAP standard transaction?
- a customer-specific (Z) transaction?

> Main workflow is working fine but sub workflow is not starting and I unable
> to find where is the link.
In general it is found in transaction SWETYPV, but for DMS documents (I'm
guessing that is what you are talking about, but "document" and "document
type" is used in several areas of SAP) there's also some relevant customizing
in the status definitions (per document type).

> Custome method is finding sub workflow and
> passing to container element. after that I have no clue how it is getting
> triggered.
In which case you may have a step where the task is determined dynamically,
using the container element. Check the steps in your workflow log and
definition. I can't recall off-hand where this "dynamic task" is set up, but
I think it is on the "Details" subscreen.

>   Can some one help me to understand how this sub workflow is getting
> started, is there any condition or starting link.
Hope these pointers will help you. If they don't - please come back to us with
A LOT MORE DETAILS about your workflow and the task determination.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no/)