ABAP-OO Workflow for PO-release

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Wed Apr 16 05:25:14 EDT 2008

Hi folk,

I have the great opportunity to make a complete re-design of a workflow implementation for the release procedure of purchase orders (that one that is about release-codes, etc.)

I remember some previous postings that generally say that it's a very nice thing to make (more) use of ABAP-OO classes and such and read through the white paper "ABAP OO for SAP Business Workflow (including 6.40)" written by Jocelyn Dart <https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/2.+Design+and+Development#2.DesignandDevelopment-HowcanIuseABAPOOClassesinWorkflow%3F>
as found in the FAQ-Wiki within the SDN:
<https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/SAP+Business+Workflow+FAQ>

I stumbled over something that says in chapter 6:
"Events of ABAP Classes are used in workflow in a similar way to BOR events. When including an event of an ABAP Class in an event linkage, the following differences are noticeable:
• The “Object Category” must be set to “ABAP Class”
• The ABAP Class name is specified as the “Object Type”
The event linkage acts as an event handler for the ABAP Class event.
To call events from programs use the class CL_SWF_EVT_EVENT. There’s also an interface for adding event parameters – check the SAP Library help."

Now I wonder, what the standard transactions are doing here, as the events for the Business Object BUS2012.ReleaseStepCreated (the most important one) and BUS2012.Released are called within those transactions.

I have rummaged through the classes via the reference of the interface IF_WORKFLOW, but it seems that there could be something available for purchase requisitions, but I didn't find anything about purchase orders. Apparently I didn't find pretty much ABAP-OO classes at all.

===QUESTION===
Q: How are (SAP Standard) events from Business-Object-Types translated into ABAP-OO events?  (Including any parameters passed, which then can be used in the event type linkage)

Best regards,
   Florin