sap_wapi_start_workflow

Veit Unger veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Thu Sep 13 10:45:03 EDT 2007

Hello Björn,

you should check what your fancy "from" column draws on.

Because even if you just rely on the standard events to trigger the
workflow, you'll get the user of the issuing transaction passed and you
can bind it to the workflow container (for instance the standard binding:
_evt_creator > _wf_initiator). So there's no need writing your own start
transactions if you just need the creating user passed.

kind regards,
Veit

Dipl. WiInf. Veit Unger
-
eMail: veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Telefon: +(49) 170 914 7650

IBM Global Business Services
Nahmitzer Damm 12 - 12277 Berlin . Germany

--
IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki

"Bjorn Demol" <Bjorn.Demol at oasisconsultants.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
13.09.2007 16:09
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
RE: sap_wapi_start_workflow

Well Sue,

I'm looking for a way to display a username in the wi_creator-field of a
workflow.
Let me try to explain, I'll apologize already if it becomes fuzzy :)

At this client, approvals are don on the portal. So they have a nice task
list there, with the field 'From' as a column. In this column, they want
to see the 'sender' of the workitem.
For my workflow (approval of PO) it says 'workflowsystem'.
Other consultants (who implemented EHR )launch also a flow, and they
solved this problem by launching the flow from a job. So I'm trying to odo
the same. If there's someone out there who has a better idea to solve this
problem, please tell me :)
I'll send you a Duvel (famous beer from Belgium)... :)

kr

Björn