decision task - substitution

Edward Diehl edwarddiehl at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:48:55 EDT 2007

Bjorn,
1. Create a WF container element 'last_agent" (wfsyst-agent).
2. In step A populate this variable with _WI_ACTUAL_AGENT in the task-> workflow binding
3. Set the agent for Step B to Expression = &last_agent&

Then no matter who executes Step A they will also get step B using Advance with dialog.  I always assign follow on tasks to &last_agent& and it works very well.

Caution: you will have a problem if the substitute is not one of the possible agents of Step B.
Ed

Subject: RE: decision task - substitutionDate: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:03:40 -0400From: keohan at ll.mit.eduTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

Hi Bjorn,

So I think that the issue here is that task A and/or task B has the Advance with Dialog box ticked on the Step Properties.  When User A executes Task A, the next task is automagically delivered to User A.  It’s worth looking through the WUG Archives for Advance with Dialog – but meanwhile, if you un-tick this box, things ought to look better.

(Extract from help on Advance with DialogJ
Advance With Immediate Dialog
Indicator denoting that advancing with immediate dialog is activated.
Use
Advancing with immediate dialog is activated for this step.
Examples
You deactivate advancing on the step level,

if between the previous step and this step an interuption makes business sense or is required, although both steps can be carried out by the same employee.

if this step is to be available to all recipients in their Business Workplaces, although the agent of the previous step is also a recipient of this step.
Dependencies
If you are unable to select this indicator, advancing with immediate dialog has been deactivated in the basic data of this workflow definition for the entire process.

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of Bjorn DemolSent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:26 PMTo: SAP Workflow Users' GroupSubject: RE: decision task - substitution

Hi Sue,

thanks for the answer. I must say that I don't completely understand your answer (my fault, I'm working now for 4 months with workflows, so I'm still learning things)

The user decision is not related to the outcome of a previous dialog task.

Excuseme for giving a childish example, but that's the easiest way for me to explain :

there's step A (dialog task), and there's step B (user decision). Both tasks are classified under the same task class.

We activate the substitution from user A to user B.When the substitution is active, step A is routed, step B not. After the execution of step A, step B appears in the inbox of user A...

Hope I'm a bit clear...

Van: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu namens Keohan, SusanVerzonden: di 11/09/2007 19:26Aan: SAP Workflow Users' GroupOnderwerp: RE: decision task - substitution

Hi Bjorn,
Assuming that the user decision is not related to the outcome of a previous dialog task (and does not have advance with dialog ticked on) are your substitute users active ?   In HRUS_D2 if the Active box is not ticked, then workflow will not route a task to a substitute.  It’s up to the substitute to reach in and grab the workitem from the person whose work they are doing.  Who is the task being delivered to ?Sue

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of Bjorn DemolSent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 12:01 PMTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: decision task - substitution

Hi everyone,

We're setting up user substitution, but the system behaves weird when there's a generic user decision step in the flow. The system refuses to pass the decision task to the substituion-user. I classified the generic task, just to see if it works, but without any result.  Is there someone who knows how we can solve this ?

thanks in advance !