Determine dynamic column contents programatically

Ramki Maley workflow99 at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 14:13:40 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but take a look at fm
SIN_WF_DYNAMIC_COLUMNS. It uses fm SWW_WI_CONTAINER_READ to get the WI
container and then uses fm SWA_EXPR_EVALUATE to get the value for an
expression. You can get the dynamic column container elements
(expression) from table SWL_CUSTOM (column titles in SWL_CTITLE).

See you at TechEd, Vegas. Looking forward to your Classy Lecture ;-)

Regards,
Ramki Maley.

Hi Florin,

Thanks, but... you've completely missed the point. :)
To clarify: I want to *determine* the dynamic column value(s) for a given
workitem.
In other words, for item 123456 I want to return dynamic column attribute
values. Can be coded but will be messy (see below). The optimist in me
hopes someone knows of a 5 minute hack that does the trick.

Sad to say I've gotten bored of the SDN pointfest so don't pay it that
much attention anymore. There's precious little new info to make it
worthwhile participating these days.

Cheers,
Mike

On Tue, September 11, 2007 2:55 pm, Florin Wach wrote:
>/ Hi Mike,
/>/
/>/ in the SDN Forum there's currently a thread running about a dynamic column
/>/ for "Last reserved by..." which can only be solved by a virtual attribute.
/>/ You could put the coding into the element _WORKITEM which is available in
/>/ every work item container, then in the virtual attribute read from the
/>/ current work item's container and return whatever you need.
/>/
/>/ This way you could customize something like
/>/ &_WORKITEM.GENERIC_COLUMN_1&
/>/ and the coding is up to you.
/>/
/>/ You could see here:
/>/ https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?forumID=146&threadID=539957 <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?forumID=146&threadID=539957>
/>/
/>/ Best wishes,
/>/ Florin
/>/
/>/
/>/ -------- Original-Nachricht --------
/>>/ Datum: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:16:02 +0100 (BST)
/>>/ Betreff: Determine dynamic column contents programatically
/>/
/>>/ Hello Wuggers,
/>>/
/>>/ Simple question: Is there a standard way to determine dynamic column
/>>/ values for a work item programatically?
/>>/
/>>/ Reading the config definition for a task is all good and well, but then
/>>/ one would have to parse things like
/>>/ &INVOICE_ITEM.PO_ITEM.PLANT.DESCRIPTION& which can get a bit messy.
/>>/
/>>/ We're on 4.7/620.
/>>/ Cheers,
/>>/ Mike/