Role resolution error

Flavio Oliveira oliveiraflavio at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:40:16 EDT 2007

Your task is probably a "General Task". What is happening is that the role did not find any valid agent to send the task.

What I suggest is to debug the function module to verify why the role could not find the correct agent.Regads,
Flavio.

From: r_m_n_n at hotmail.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: Role resolution errorDate: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:21:35 -0400

Hi Gurus,
This question may be frustrating but I am hitting the wall , please help me.

4.6C / 620
Workflow is running OK.
Using role 'AC90XXXX1' with function module YXXXX for resolving the agents.
This is a custom workflow implemented 9 months ago and no issues in resolving the role
Z is table used to get the agents for each task. I have to choos this because of frequent changes in SAP users and some other company restrictions.
I wrote a program and used FM RH_GET_ACTORS passed the right values for the BO and got the roles resolved for all the tasks.

Situation :
            I created a task and assigned this role. Because this role will call the FM, based on the current status of the object FM will determine who is the agent for this task / status.
            Included this task in the workflow and tested everything OK.
In the workflow log when I click on the agents, I get possible agents displayed. When some on owns the task it has an icon to indicate that agains that agent.
             This works OK in my development system.

The Question is : This does not happen in my test system. The task is sent to all users. I purposely did not select the check bkx to terminate the WF if role resolution results in error.

Thanks for your inputs.

I wrote such a long e-mail to reduce many back and forth questions. If you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to push the ball back and forth in the court.