Object Visualization in UWL using WebDynpros

Ruben Baldassarri rbaldassarri at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 18 10:06:04 EDT 2007

Hi all,

We are currently developing a Workflow that runs under
Portal using UWL and WebDynpros for ABAP.
The relations between tasks and webdynpro applications
were set using transaction SWFVISU and re-registering
the backend system in the UWL administration.
This is working fine.

So far, so good.
Now we need that when users want to display the object
(the first link in attachments in the UWL) instead of
trying to execute method DISPLAY (the default method)
of the BOR Object, it launches a WebDynpro.
We configured again in transaction SWFVISU, under
'Object visualization' node, with these visualization
Parameters:

Object Category: BO
Object Type: MyObject
Method Name: DISPLAY
Visualization Type: ABAP Web Dynpro

APPLICATION: MyWebDynproApplication
DYNPARAM: WI_ID=${item.externalId}
NAMESPACE: sap

and asked the Portal administrators to re-register the
backed system again, which they did.

However, when we test displaying the object in UWL, we
still got this error:

"An exception ocurred while processing a request for:
iView:pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/uwl/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwlSapLaunch
Component Name:
com.sap,.portal.appintegrator.sap.Transaction

Exception in SAP Application Integrator occured:
Application URL ':///sap
(ZT1mU1ppc3d3T0JSRGdYQzZ2aGhEMII3JTNEJTJCQ2RZWWhyS0JPQkEybmIUVnJDVUhnJTNEJNE)/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui'
is not valid!
Please check the protocol and host entries for system
'SAPLX0ARG'..
Exception id: 07:19_17/10/07_0011_1793750
See the details for the exception ID in the log file"

I've searched in SDN, sap-wug, and Google but I
couldn't find further documentation on how to
configure object visualization using SWFVISU.

Please, any help or idea will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Ruben