UWL + Webtransaction + Import WI from Memory

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:42:25 EDT 2007

G'day all,

Apologies upfront here. A vague query here where I haven't done much
homework before posting this. I'm not really involved in the project in
question and have just been called in to fire fight but I'm up to my
eyeballs in my own problems. Isn't it always the way :-)

Backend - 470/620
Portal/UWL - ?

There is a custom Workflow which calls a Form.HTMLProcess task with a
Webtransaction defined. All works lovely via SBWP but not so good via UWL.
The issue appears to be with the passing of the Workitem ID via Memory.

Form.HTMLProcess Exports it to memory id 'HTMLProcess_WI_ID' before calling
the transaction and subsequently the transaction relies on Importing it to
be able to access the container etc.

When called via the UWL the transaction runs and complains that it's been
unable to import the Workitem from Memory.

My theory is that the UWL has been set up incorrectly and maybe someone has
tried to be too tricky. My guess (and that's all it is!) is that via the UWL
the system is trying to call the Webtransaction directly and not via the
method Form.HTMLProcess and so the Memory ID is never being set.

The system isn't set up at a basis level to allow External breakpoints and
(for whatever reasons) this can only be tested in QA at the moment so I
can't use the good ol' endless loop technique.

Any tips? Please don't tell me to read the UWL cookbook as I know that's
what I should do :-) I'm being lazy and I know it!

Have fun,
Mark