Translations for User decision outcomes

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Wed Nov 21 07:11:03 EST 2007

You could try using some of the translation tools like Se63, but I have
never used this.

I haven't tried this recently, but on older releases I found the
simplest way is to log on in the other language, go to the workflow
builder and then activate in the foreign language.  This will then make
the workflow think that all your english language texts are also
applicable to the foreign language.  You can then either, put in the
relevant texts whilst still logged on (it is remarkably easy to
navigate, especially if you have another english session open), or you
can return to your English logon and use the translation tool in the
workflow builder and maintain the texts there.  You could also do this
without logging on in the foreign language first, but then you would
need to re-type every single text not just the display texts.

When logged on in the foreign language, although it looks like you are
overwriting your english texts, when you log on again in English they
will all still be there (you might like to check this with one step
before you do all your changes, just in case this has changed between
releases).

Hope this helps, enjoy building workflows in foreign languages, it is
nice to see how some of the technical terms are translated!

Regards,

Mark