Workflow attachments stroing against BOR

Florin Wach (gmx) florin.wach at gmx.net
Fri Nov 2 16:49:52 EDT 2007

Hello Krishna,

you're already on the right track: You need to extract/retrieve the
attachment from the workflow first. You'll need to do archive this in the
storage system (everything is okay here with oac0/oac2/...). And yes, you
have also realized that you'll defenitly have to call function module
ARCHIVE_CREATE_TABLE (you could do it with ..._FILE as well but that's just
a little more complicated).

Some information about PREL and the ArchiveLink connection table:

PREL <personell number>
PREL <personell number><infotype>

These are the three possibilities you have when you create the link
connection between the personell's master data record and the archived
document. There is no further distinction between time-scale possible.

When you store the document into the storage system, you'll need to have the
proper "Document Type" (i.e. .DOC  .TIF  .PDF , ...). I am not a 100% sure,
if there's a document type associated with "SAP Office Attachment", which
usually would be like SOFM or something similar.
In you're case, nevertheless, I would suggest to convert the format into
something like .TXT or .PDF for future usage. If the document thas is
created a pure text message/file, you could convert this own your own.
There're some functions that can convert SAP Script to PDF. So look out
here, what may fit best for you.

That's the (last) point that you have to work on: To choose the correct file
type format for the archiving process. The rest is absolutely fine.

With the very best wishes,
   Florin