Reg: Workflow attachments stroing against BOR

krishna mohan geniuskittu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 12:01:49 EDT 2007

Hi All,

For one of my requirement related to ESS Leae
Processing for sick leave, i need to extract the
_Attach_object from workitem and attach this file to
absence infotype record.

1.I developed a custom workflow by making a copy
WS12300111.I am using standard workflow functionality
of adding attachments to a workitem by the user before
executing the workitem
2.Once the manager approves the leae request, i need
to extract the attchment and add a link to absence
record

i could able to extract the attachment from workitem
using FM SAP_WAPI_GET_ATTACHMENTS. I need to make a
link between this file and object PREL with key as
{personnel no, infotype, subtype,objid,date of
origin}.

I am using new content repository to store these
attachments, i configured all the required settings -
a new document type in OAC2, a new content rep in
OAC0, and association between {cont rep} and
{doctype,objtype} is correctly setup in OAC3 as well.
There is no problem with this. I could able to attach
documents to PREL using FM ARCHIV_CREATE_FILE by
mentioning the file path.

my problem is
1. from workflow, i am able to retreive the attachment
in SOFM object form using SAP_WAPI_GET_ATTACHMENTS

In order to archive this against PREL, if i want use
ARCHIV_CREATE_FILE i need to give the file path
so,is there any way to 'get the file path of the
attachments in workflow'given the SOFM Objectkey or
workitem id?

I can also use ARCHIV_CREATE_TABLE , provided i have
the 'workflow attachment' in binaryoject form. So, is
there any way in which i can convert the SOFM Object
into Binaryobject??

Any other way of 'adding workflow attachments to any
BOR object'. may be i can check with 'GOS'- serices
for Object by creating some binary relation.
However i am still wondering any possibility for any
of the two options above before i go for GOS approach.

Thanks and Regards
Krishna Mohan Dubbaka
SAP Workflow Consultant
Satyam Computer Services Ltd