sending mail with attachment from code

Bjorn Demol Bjorn.Demol at oasisconsultants.com
Thu Nov 1 09:14:26 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

my question isn 't really flow-related, more abap-related. I posted my question on SDN, but didn 't receive an answer, and I think some of you could help me out.
I'm creating a function module to send a mail with attachment. Everything works fine, attachment is created and send, but the output is rather funny.
I sent a txt-attachment with, with as content 123456789.
When I open the attachment from my mail-program, the output is 1 2 3 4 5.
I tried with several mail-editors, bur the problem persist. I tried searching on SDN, found someone with a similar problem, but there's no solution given :(
Is there someone out there who experienced the same ?

thanks !!