SAP workflow and IDOC processing (incoming invoices)

Torsten Schnorpfeil faq at saportal.net
Tue May 29 16:43:45 EDT 2007

Hello WUGers,

We are currently implementing a IDOC scenario with SAP workflow and I have a
question, I'm seeking enlightenment:

When I trigger a customer workflow and I have the IDOC object as the main
object in the workflow (i.e. IDOCINVOIC), what is the best way to retrieve

-          The document number, company code and fiscal year of the
accounting document (after successful posting)?

-          How can I get the values of the IDOC segments, which were
imported previously (i.e. the data we received from the suppliers)?

I was looking around, but I couldn't find any promising concept. Any help
would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Torsten Schnorpfeil