SU01 and Infotype 0105/subtype 0010

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue May 22 19:42:59 EDT 2007

Hi all,

we are using ECC 6.0 and implementing ESS/MSS and several HR related
workflows.

Based on what I have read in SAP-WUG and SDN, my understanding is that the
recommended approach to send emails to Lotus Notes or Outlook is to use
transaction SO16 (Shared Office Settings), tab Mail Sy.Grp and set it to
"Send to home address of users". That way, e-mails will be sent to the
user's default communication type and address in their user master. The
workflow will send an e-mail to an User ID, and if the user's default
e-mail address is filled in and default communication type 'INT' set in
the User Master, all emails are automatically redirected to the email
address.

My understanding is that many more programs/routines/functions use the
user master e-mail address than infotype 0105/subtype 0010 and I did read
somewhere that the best approach is to make sure they are updated in synch
i.e. SU01 and IT0105/0010.

Can someone explain to me if we still need to maintain the e-mail address
in infotype 0105/subtype 0010? If we maintain SU01 and set all up as
described above, do we still need to maintain infotype 0105/subtype 0010?
If yes, why do we need that? Assume that we do not want to send emails to
the SAP Office, only to Lotus Notes/Outlook.

Much thanks and regards,

Cristiana
Cristiana d'Agosto
IBM Global Business Services