WF Initiator is always PO creator on changed release codes

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu May 17 05:15:46 EDT 2007

Hi all,

A back to basics question: if a PO is changed so that it raises
BUS2012.RELEASESTEPCREATED, the workflow initiator will always be the PO
creator, *not* the user who changed it.
I've found out that this is hardcoded into the RELEASESTEPCREATED event,
_EVT_CREATOR comes from EKKO-ERNAM, which is nonsense from both a
technical and business point of view. (FM ME_REL_EVENT_EKKO if anyone
wants to have a look).

I will probably log this with OSS but wanted to know if anyone had to deal
with it and/or had a sneaky workaround or had asked OSS themselves in the
past. I know I can build workarounds by using BUS2012.CHANGED and checking
release codes, but this scenario is just plain wrong and I wondered if
anyone had a *simple* fix or an OSS note that I may have overlooked in my
searches.

4.7 system here but I think this applies to other versions.
Any input appreciated,
Mike
(Cross-posted to SAP-WUG and SDN-BPM)