Userexit to set WF to error doesn't work on restart

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Tue May 15 13:04:26 EDT 2007

Hi all,

On a 620 system I am using a userexit to set the WF into error under
certain conditions by calling SAP_WAPI_SET_ERROR. This works well.

The problem is with restart: If the cause hasn't been fixed and the admin
restarts, the exit should keep the WF in error. The only exit available
for this is during status change. When I set it back to error it only sets
the *workitem* to error, but the *workflow* goes back into a STARTED
status and no longer appears among workflows in error.

Even if I explicitly set the workflow to error by a second call to
SAP_WAPI_SET_ERROR it still remains in STARTED status.

Has anyone dealt with this? In NW04/s there is an exception available and
there are a couple of notes dealing with this (including  867019 which
adds a short dump if anyone tries to fiddle it in 620) so I suspect
someone must have had this issue before.

Any input appreciated,
Mike
(cross-posted to SAP-WUG and SDN-BPM)