Taking a SOFM object and turning it into a 'Stored Business Document'

Catherall, Andy M andy.m.catherall at csplc.com
Thu May 10 11:15:24 EDT 2007

Hi

I have been tasked with building a workflow that helps agents to handle
inbound documents (invoices, rebates etc) and associate them with the
correct SAP object at the correct time. Most of the documents will have
been scanned into IXOS, and hence will be ArchiveLink documents.

However, some of the documents may arrive by email, rather than post,
and hence may be in several other electronic formats - MS Word, PDF etc.
A 'simple' way of including these in the workflow is to import them as
SOFM documents, and there may even be some RAW notes created by the
users to annotate the workflows themselves.

What I have failed to find out so far is how I can take a SOFM object
and append it to a Business Object (eg Sales Order, Credit Memo etc) as
a 'Stored Business Document' (Under GOS-->Create Attachments-->Store
Business Document). Basically, I need to turn the SOFM into an
ArchiveLink document.

The two reasons for this:

1) To ensure that, irrespective of the source, the attachment is of the
'correct' type
2) To keep the size of the R/3 database down, and keep
images/attachments on the external Content Repository as much as
possible (I intend to delete the SOFM after a successul attachment).

We are using 4.6C

Any ideas?

Cheers
Andy

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

This email (including any attachment) is confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or receive it in error, you may not use, distribute, disclose or copy any of the information contained within it and it may be unlawful to do so. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning this e-mail to us at mailerror at csplc.com and destroy all copies.
Any views expressed by individuals within this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Cadbury Schweppes Plc or any of its subsidiaries' or affiliates'. This email does not constitute a binding offer, acceptance, amendment, waiver or other agreement, unless such intention is clearly stated in the body of the email.  Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from viruses, recipients are advised to subject this mail to their own virus checking, in keeping with good computing practice.
Please note that e-mail received by Cadbury Schweppes Plc or its subsidiaries or affiliates may be monitored in accordance with applicable law.

Cadbury Schweppes plc registered in England, Company Number 00052457
whose Registered Office is at 25 Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6HB United Kingdom
Telephone:+44 (0) 20 7409 1313 Fax:+44 (0) 20 7830 5200