How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until theyaction it?

John White JWhite at sauder.com
Thu Mar 29 14:01:30 EDT 2007

I have done this different ways.

I use the confirm end of processing, and add a loop to edit to make sure it is done, before passing control to the next workflow step. I found that I sometimes have to refresh the business object prior to the edit loop. To do that, I just added a method to read the business object and pass back the container data.

I also have used a user-decision step with a single decision (with the 'cancel and keep in inbox'), if the task is more of 'reminder' to do something and not critical to the workflow.

John