How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until they action it?

koenraad.janssens@arcelor.com koenraad.janssens at arcelor.com
Thu Mar 29 03:34:42 EDT 2007

How about the confirm end of processing option on the task?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Salutations,
Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen,
Atentos saludos,
Agur bero bat,

Koenraad Janssens
Arcelor Systems Ghent
Leverage Team - Programmer
Tel: +32 9 347 35 76
email: koenraad.janssens at arcelor.com

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.

Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
29/03/2007 09:29
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

SAP-WUG at mit.edu
cc

Subject
How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until they action it?

Wuggers,

I would like to send a notification workitemto a user (a simple piece of
text, with an instruction: eg 'Please do X').

That's easy. But I would also like the workitem to _stay_ in their inbox
until they've done it. How do you achieve that?

I thought I could do it with a terminating event (X_IS_DONE), but the
notification task is based on SELFITEM.DISPLAY, which is a synchronous
method.
As far as I understand it, synchronous methods terminate once executed,
and
do not need to wait for the terminating event.

Is there a better approach? Would I need to build a new, asynchronous
version of SELFITEM.DISPLAY?

thanks for your thoughts,
Paul B

****************************************************************************=

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this
e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any
of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its
attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland
Treasury.

be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and
erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury
uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses
present in this e-mail or in any attachment.

**** =0A=
This message and any attachment are confidential, intended solely for the us=
e of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be protected b=
y professional secrecy or intellectual property rights. =0A=
If you have received it by mistake, or are not the named recipient(s), pleas=
e immediately notify the sender and delete the message. You are hereby notif=
ied that any unauthorized use, copying or dissemination of any or all inform=
ation contained in this message is prohibited. =0A=
Arcelor shall not be liable for the message if altered, falsified, or in cas=
e of error in the recipient. =0A=
This message does not constitute any right or commitment for Arcelor except=
 when expressly agreed otherwise in writing in a separate agreement.  =0A=
****