How to make a notification stay in a users inbox until they action it?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu Mar 29 03:29:28 EDT 2007

Wuggers,

I would like to send a notification workitemto a user (a simple piece of
text, with an instruction: eg 'Please do X').

That's easy. But I would also like the workitem to _stay_ in their inbox
until they've done it. How do you achieve that?

I thought I could do it with a terminating event (X_IS_DONE), but the
notification task is based on SELFITEM.DISPLAY, which is a synchronous
method.
As far as I understand it, synchronous methods terminate once executed, and
do not need to wait for the terminating event.

Is there a better approach? Would I need to build a new, asynchronous
version of SELFITEM.DISPLAY?

thanks for your thoughts,
Paul B

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.