Send E-mail step using SAP distribution list?

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Tue Mar 13 18:33:22 EDT 2007

Hi John,

there are an easy way of doing what you want to do!

In order that e-mails about pending work items may be sent from SAP to
your e-mail system (i.e. Outlook, Lotus Notes), the following information
is required in SAP:
- E-mail addresses of all users that should receive notifications
maintained in User Master and set Comm. Meth to E-mail (INT).
- Use transaction SO16 (Shared Office Settings), tab Mail Sy.Grp and set
it to "Send to home address of users". That way, e-mails will be sent to
the user's default communication type and address in their user master
(reset the address buffer on the tab page Adressing in order for address
changes to become effective directly). The workflow will send an e-mail to
an User ID, and if the user's default e-mail address is filled in and
default communication type 'INT' set in the User Master, **all** emails
are automatically redirected to the email address.
- Schedule the report that sends notifications of pending work items
(SWN_SELSEN or RSWUWFML2  - depending on which version you are using - for
RSWUWFML2 , see notes 627397, 688712 and 691774 for details - These
reports send e-mail about work items. They collect the required work items
according to the category and filters. I know that RSWUWFML2 is available
from 4.6c; and SWN_SELSEN is available from 6.40 (hmmm, perhaps it is
available from 6.20!)
- Configure the SAP Connect module to be able to send Internet Mail. See
transaction SCOT, and the corresponding Implementation Guides. Basis is
generally responsible for this setting.

Cheers

Cristiana

"John White" <JWhite at sauder.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
14/03/2007 02:41 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

<sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Send E-mail step using SAP distribution list?

Hello everyone,
I'm relatively new to SAP workflow, so please forgive me if this is a
stupid question?
I'm trying to send an SAP 'express' e-mail notification in a workflow
using the 'send mail' step. How can I use an SAP distribution list instead
of a single e-mail address? All I really want to do is send an express
message to let people know that they have a workflow task - for those
people who do not normally perform workflow.
I've been searching, but all I found is some code for a creating an
independent method using CALL FUNCTION 'SO_DLI_READ_API1' and then setting
the AGENT container. Is it really that complicated, or am I missing
something?
John

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information
which may be protected from disclosure under law, and is
intended solely for the use of the individual, group, or entity
to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the
named recipients, please notify the sender by e-mail and
other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  Thank you for
your assistance.