Confirmation Workflow WS10000256 does not trigger in SRM 5, ECC 6

Shalini Sabnani workflow.mail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:23:41 EDT 2007

Hello
We have recently upgraded from R/3 4.6 to ECC 5.00 and EBP 3.0  to SRM 5.00.

When creating a confirmation for PO's, I get the following hard Error
 "Approval workflow is ambiguous. Inform system administrator "  and I thus
cannot create a confirmation.

 Workflow is activer and so is the event linakge (SWETYPV). The business
object works fine, has no errors. In SWUD when I simulate the event
BUS2203-SAVED I am told that Workflow WS10000256 will trigger once the Start
Conditions are verified. My start conditions are very specific and should
trigger WS10000256  but I notice from SWEL that there was no event
triggered, which tells me that the error occurs even before the event is
triggered.

The only thing that stands out to me is that post upgrade to SRM, the
release status of this Workflow ( Basic Data) was changed to "Obsolete", I
changed this to "Implemented"

Have any of you  who have upgraded to a similar version come across this
problem, any pointer towards a solution would be highly appreciated

Thanks a bunch !
Shalini