Can't use roles as agents in expressions?

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu Mar 1 11:53:32 EST 2007

Hi Ed,
Yes I really did mean dynamic as in determined at runtime. Client doesn't
believe in rules or org structures, so they use Z-tables and tons of
Z-roles with direct user assignments. Not fun.

Net result, I need to lookup a ROLE name at runtime and send item to all
users having that role. Yes one cen look up the corresponding user (which
I now did), but the WF builder is misleading: It allows you to select
"Role" from the dropdown and it works if you type one in. So it's natural
to assume that selecting "Expression" and entering a container element
with a value AG<rulename> should also work. It doesn't.

Hoewever I'm grateful for your having cleared up the mystery connection to
'Activity groups',so by all means stick to your line of work :-)

Thanks,
Mike