Polymorphic classes in workflow?

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Tue Jun 26 11:21:11 EDT 2007

Hi Workflowers,

A very technical question: Has anyone tried to use some sort of
polymorphism with ABAP classes in workflow?

I am working on 620 at the moment and the trouble is that the WF builder
doesn't let you specify an interface as a class container element type. I
have even tried to get it to work via inheritance (i.e. binding a subtype
to it's supertype and vice versa) and having spent most of a day on it
have had no success whatsoever. It seems that the class you define is the
class you're stuck with thoughout the WF.

This is rather annoying and negates one of the more useful benefits of
using classes. Even though I am sitting on a 620 system, I would also be
interested in any experience on NW04/s because it would be handy to know
how things work and which direction things will go as we also have upgrade
plans around the corner.

Any input appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike