SRM Approval Workflow in WAITING status for ever!!

Praveen johri praveenjohri at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 09:12:12 EDT 2007

Hi All,
We have a peculiar problem here, We are on SRM patch level SAPKIBKS10, in
one of our test env. the approval workflow is not working( standard and
custom both) as soon as the shopping cart is raised the workflow is
triggered but it does not executes instead it remains in status WAITING, if
i executes the WorkItem from ADMIN tranx, it starts execution and, if i
simulate the event the entire workflow is processed but when it is called
from application level workflow comes in waiting status for ever.
This problem is not present in any of our projection systems i.e. dev.,QA or
Prod. the system we are having the problem is newly build and is a copy of
production. I have checked all possible things related to workflow template,
bindings etc, runtime config etc. but couldn't figure out the problem.

To bring more clarity, there is a fork before any step is executed, it comes
to the fork and hangs there, i saw couple of intresting notes which mention
hanging of workflow in patch level 11, but we are on 10 and the other
systems on same patch level are doing fine. I suspect something is gone
wrong while building this copy or an order of transports for any of the many
custom BADIs which are used in here...this is just a hunch....

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

--
Have Fun!!
Praveen Johri