Workflow Fails After Upgrade to ECC 6.0

Joanne Johnson JoanneJohnson at jo-annstores.com
Wed Jun 20 09:43:36 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I created a custom workflow last year while we were in SAP v4.7.  We are currently in the process of upgrading to ECC 6.0 (Basis pkg level SAPKB70011).  This workflow no longer works in 6.0.  It fails with an error message OL383 "The source and target structure have a different number of fields".   I get this problem whether the workflow was created in 4.7 and not worked until 6.0 or if it was created and worked in 6.0.

I researched this error message and found a number of OSS Notes that imply that there are lots of workflow problems in ECC 6.0 but none of them refer to the BOR I am using (BKPF).  I did have several notes applied in 6.0 to prevent potential problems (OSS Note 887076 - Incorrect Binding After Upgrade and executed pgm ZRSWD_BINDING_RESTORE and OSS Note 1043988 - Short Dump When Workflow Restarted) however, they made no impact on the error.

I think the problem is a binding problem because the method that is failing is the IMPORT_FROM_BOR_CONTAINER however, when I test this method, it seems to work ok.  There are no syntax errors anywhere in the workflow or in the business object BKPF or ZBKPF.

I also noticed that BOR BKPF has a new method in 6.0 called BKPF.GetARLData but that's related to ArchiveLink Data so I don't think that's causing the problem since I'm not executing that method.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight?  Thanks for the help.

Joanne Johnson
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.