Payment Block On Vendor Invoice

Stevens, Seth Seth.Stevens at anadarko.com
Tue Jun 5 11:32:51 EDT 2007

All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for the below scenario?  We have a
workflow used for approving and posting FI vendor invoices.  Before the
workflow posts the document we need to, possibly, set a payment block on
the invoice based on some business rules.

We have written a call transaction to set the block; however, in most
cases the user does not have edit access so the call transaction won't
work if running under the user's ID.  We cannot set this as a background
task because there is a requirement to have advance with dialog.  I
cannot find a function module to accomplish this and obviously didn't
want to do a direct table update.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Seth

*Please note my E-Mail Address has changed.  Please update your
contact list*

Anadarko Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify
sender by return e-mail and destroy the communication. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action
concerning the contents of this communication or any attachments by
anyone other than the named recipient is strictly prohibited.