UWL Question?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Jul 24 02:18:56 EDT 2007

Hi Xavier,
1. Not sure what you mean by "mass validation" - not aware of any such
function in ECC.  Do you mean multi-approvals? In which case, yes - you
need to add the appropriate configuration to the UWL XML config file and
I believe there are some small adjustments on the workflow as well.

2. Your view of the UWL is based on your unique identify via your Portal
id and its mapping to your user id.  Creating a generic view shared by a
number of people is generally a ***VERY BAD IDEA*** regardless of the
inbox used as this raises all sorts of audit and security concerns.
Instead you should send your work items to all of the people in the
group using the usual agent assignment techniques such as agent
determination rules and substitution.  Then all appropriate people can
see the work, but the system checks their authorization individually and
the workflow log records the actual person who executed the work item.

3. Yes. Yes Yes.  Use the UWL XML configuration - if you are on EP 7.0
you even have wizards to help put your custom UWL XML config together.

Regards,
Jocelyn