SWU3 - Maintain Workflow Administrator not working

Sauceman Jr, James E (Jim) sauceman at utk.edu
Thu Jul 12 07:27:18 EDT 2007

Lynne,

I experienced this issue when we were on Basis level 620. Since I did
not have a backup person at the time and I had more pressing projects,
it was an issue I tabled. After our recent upgrade to ECC 6.0 SAP_BASIS
700 level 11, it now works perfectly with a Work Center defined as the
Workflow Administrator. I thought the following note might help. Have
you seen it?

SAP Note 860251 - Workflow administrator defined as a role

Solution

"Check the length of the role name that you use as workflow
administrator. If the name exceeds 12 characters, use another name that
is not longer than 12 characters. Unfortunately, the workflow system
does not process names of organization objects that contain more than 12
characters."

Regards,

Jim Sauceman ......................sauceman at tennessee.edu
<mailto:sauceman at tennessee.edu>