Complete Webservice: Event or callback URL?

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Wed Jul 11 11:33:16 EDT 2007

G'Day folks,

I've been arguing with a new Web environment for the last two days and am
wondering: How to most people complete BSP/webservice tasks? The two most
obvious methods are using terminating events or using the callback url
generated by the WSHandler service.

Both have (dis)advantages, and everytime I choose one the other seems to
be the better alternative so I'd like to know if there's a general
consensus out there.

The way I see it, a callback URL gives you more traceability and errors
can be trapped in the BSP. They are either extremely simple or pure hell
to troubleshoot. On the other hand events make the workflow neater as they
give you the flexibility of multiple outcomes on a task which can also be
accomplished through non-BSP means.

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Mike