How to extract UWL substitution data?

Mikko Mäki-Rahkola mikkomr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 09:21:40 EST 2007

Hi wf'ers,

I recently bumped into the fact that UWL-managed substitutions are not
always kept in the table HRUS_D2. This happens for example when a user
deactivates a substitute in his UWL - as a result the UWL entry remains as
deactivated but the HRUS_D2 entry is removed. Thus the UWL table seems to be
the master table from which the data is propagated to HRUS_D2.

Since we have some specific substitution needs (reporting & maintenance) in
the backend, the UWL hosted information would need to be somehow
retrieved in there. I got information from SAP that the data resides in
table KMC_WF_SUBSTITUTE on the portal server which lead me to think a
portal/KM web service could be developed to return the table contents to the
backend.

Have any of you come across similar needs with getting the UWL substitution
data to the backend? Have you had any solutions similar or different to the
one I'm planning? I believe the UWL API is available in SP19 and it
could include this kind of functionality but that's far away from where we
currently are (ECC5.0 / basisSP13, EP6.0 SP 15).

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mikko

(cross-posted to SDN: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=291019