WI is not created when IDOC failed, except through SWUS

Kris kvenigalla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 17:09:36 EST 2007

Hi,

I have processed an IDOC for message type ACC_DOCUMENT  using WE19 with
incorrect GL and currency code. IDOC is created with error status 51. But
the event is not triggered and so no WI in my inbox.

Using SWUS i was able to send the WI to my inbox.

I have created a custom BO- ZIDOCAPPL (delegation-IDOCAPPL)  and custom
workflow. Linkage is activated and event simulation shows my custom WF as
potential tasks to be started. The process code is BAPI and the FM is
BAPI_IDOC_INPUT1. In WE42 the following entries are there,

Function Module                           BAPI_IDOC_INPUT1
Maximum Number of Repeats           0

Object Type                         IDOCPACKET
End Event                           MASSINPUTFINISHED

Object Type                        IDOCAPPL
Start Event                         INPUTERROROCCURRED
End event                           INPUTSUCCESS
Success Event

Why the WF is not triggering when the IDOC is processed using WE19 and
failed due to 51 error. Is there any other configuration required.

Please help....

Thanks

Kris