Task Launch Customization

Lyndon DCruze ldcruze at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:07:28 EST 2007

Hi All

I am faced with an issues and your help is much appreciated.

My requirement is to customize a task to launch an iview once the user
selects the task subject line on the worklist.

To achieve this i have generated and registered the said XML to the
universal worklist content configuration. Currently I am able to invoke the
iview but my problem is with completing the workitem, noticed that if any
one user clicks the complete action button all open workitems with this task
id is completed.

I am using the Terminating event handler and passing all the required
attributes including the work item number. Not sure why this happening as
the biding looks to be in place as well as the values are passed back.

Please take a look at the how the action 'COMPLETE' has been defined. Maybe
I am not passing the right values.

        <Action name="COMPLETED" groupAction="no"
handler="TerminatingEventHandler" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes"
launchInNewWindow="no">

          <Properties>

            <Property name="objectType" value="EXTSRV"/>

            <Property name="eventName" value="COMPLETED"/>

            <Property name="objectID" value="${item.externalId}"/>

            <Property name="_WI_OBJECT_ID" value="${item.externalId}"/>

            <Property name="COMMIT_WORK" value="X"/>

            <Property name="WORKITEMAPPROVER" value="${context.userId}"/>

          </Properties>

          <Descriptions default="Complete Work Item"/>

        </Action>

My understanding was that the triggering event defined in the workflow step
is waiting for the event complete to be triggered once done it will pass the
work item of the user triggering the event and only complete that step and
not all other workflows having the same task in their open item view across
different users.

I would like to see individual users logon and complete their workitems.

Your time and help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Lyndon