Workflow Items when a manager is Terminated

Ron Adkins radkins1 at surewest.net
Sun Feb 25 20:56:42 EST 2007

Thank you very much Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Susan R. Keohan
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:33 AM
To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
Subject: Re: Workflow Items when a manager is Terminated

Hi Ron,

Welcome.

In our shop, we set up a Passive Substitute for the person who has left,
giving the new person the ability to process the workitems.  We maintain
substitutes in table HRUS_D2, in both R/3 and SRM.

Of course, any good WF application should be checking to see if the
Manager is still valid (via HR, or SU01 dates) before delivering new
workitems to them.

Can't help out in MSS/ESS though.

Regards,
Sue

Ron Adkins wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>

> I am a newly placed WF admin who has been give little knowledge transfer
> or training on WF admin.  Please bear with the rookie question.
>

> Situation:  When a manager leaves they often (for some strange reason)
> do not finish employee evaluations, vacation requests, and other items
> in the manager's inbox in the Portal.
>

> Questions:
>
>    1. For the new manager how can I automatically transfer all the work
>       items from the terminated manager's inbox to the new manager's
>       box? I have seen the manual way to process others work items,
>       however we have off shored our first tier support folks, and need
>       an easier way to do this.
>

>    2. As these are done in MSS/ESS is the administration different than
>       in the GUI versions of the inbox?
>

> Our Setup:
>
> SAP HR 5.0
>
> ESS/MSS Portal 6.0
>
> Oracle 9.2.6
>
> HP-UX
>

> Thank you in advance for the time to help out the noob.
>

> Ron Adkins

Susan R. Keohan
SAP Workflow Developer
MIT Lincoln Laboratory