Object missing in Workflow

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:13:56 EST 2007

Hi,
I am just pasting the help doc contents from SAP...from this I am afraid if
your first step in the workflow is onject.display which is a dialog step,
You can not start the workflow from the object..
Correct me if I am wrong...

So try implementing an empty background step as starting step , before the
step 'Display' in your workflow.
-----------
Starting a Workflow for an Object

Use

This is used for starting workflows that use the object. All suitable
workflows automatically determine the system and are offered for execution.

Prerequisites

The SAP System contains active workflows that fulfill the following
prerequisites:

They must be allowed to start the workflow.
The workflow is only allowed to have the object as an obligatory import
parameter.

Tasks that can be executed in the dialog are not included.

Procedure

In your object display, open the submenu with the symbol  in the toolbox.
Choose Start workflow.
All active workflows which fulfill the prerequisites above are displayed.

Select the workflow that you want to start.

For example, the display of a standard order can concern a workflow, within
which a further standard order is stored.

good luck
Srinivasan