triggering a function module and not a workflow

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:04:22 EST 2007

Hi Susan,
If you do not want to execute the workflow with single step dialog or even
with a single background step, it would be possible to achieve what you are
expecting to happen with out the use of workflow.

your direction of thinking about user exit and FM is alos a good idea.

In a similar situation with our client we achieved execution of a report as
soon as a delivery is saved.

The design is :
A report 'Z123456' is submitted after a raised event 'ZCONTORLXXXX'.

In our case the event also was defined by us, not an std SAP triggering
event. The user exit triggers an event called 'ZCONTROLXXXX'.

BG Job is scheduled with as periodic job after an event .

Hope you could still progress in your direction
regards
Srinivasan