triggering a function module and not a workflow

Susan Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Tue Feb 13 06:49:08 EST 2007

I think that the visibility of how this function gets triggered far
outweighs the steps necessary to start up Workflow.  But then again,
this is a Workflow forum, and I don't see that as a big deal.

I've been on the receiving end (so to speak) of trouble shooting
production issues, and would much much rather have a reliable log to
turn to (in addition to excellent docu, of course).  So all in all, I
agree with Gavin and Henk.

Besides, maybe your client will get a taste of WF, and want to do more
stuff to improve business processes.  Then all that SWU3 stuff is
already done!