RSWUWFML2 and Automatic Forwarding

Sathish Venkatesan sathish at smartsoftus.com
Tue Feb 6 00:00:42 EST 2007

Hello WUGers

We are in 4.6C and implementing a new Invoice approval workflow. I have
scheduled RSWUWFML2 for this workflow task to send email notifications
to outlook. Everything works fine, but some users who have automatic
forwarding configured for their inbox are receiving 2 email
notifications for the same task; one through RSWUWFML2 and another due
to automatic forwarding.

I wonder what's the solution\work around for this scenario, so that
users get only one notification in their outlook. We can't ask the users
to remove their automatic forwarding because they need this for other
old workflows, for which we are not running RSWUWFML2.  Moving forward,
I thought of using RSWUWFML2 for all the workflows but the client
doesn't want to do the same at this time as it needs more training. Not
sure, if there is any user exit around automatic forwarding so that we
can stop emails going out just for the new task.

Any suggestions, Appreciated!

Thanks,

Sathish