Extended Notifications selecting notif. but not sending mails

Praveen johri praveenjohri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:55:59 EST 2007

G'Day All,

There is something very obvious which i cannot see here, we are on ECC6
sp12.

I have extended notifications running in one of the Dev Client, same
configuration is used in another Two test clients.
Both of them displaying the same issue, which is driving me nuts and making
me think what the hell have i missed.!!!!

Anyways, according to me Extended Notif is configured , i used SWNADMIN to
do it.
The report SWN_SELSEN finds the FULL and DELTA for Notifications save it but
never sends it.
e.g . of log on screen

Selection of Notifications

00005 notifications selected
00001 notifications deleted (logically)
00000 new notifications saved
00000 notifications saved

Sending Messages

00014 notifications selected
00000 messages sent
Unable to send 00000 notifications due to errors

Now when i read SLG1 i can see few errors there,
********************************
Error when creating message

Message no. SWN032
User SB100082: Unable to determine telephone number

Message no. SWN028

Now, i cant understand why it is looking for telephone numbers( though these
people had one ).
I removed the telephone numbers but still the same error is appearing.
Any help is appreciated.

I tried the SWN_SELSEN with and without time stamp check, or difference at
all.

--
Have Fun!!
Praveen Johri