SAP and other folks "Best Practices"

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Dec 6 23:23:39 EST 2007

Folks,
To be clear - Adobe forms are an alternative UI whose major advantages are a) it works offline as well as online and b) it's familiar and friendly environment for most users.   That's before we get into cool features such as dynamically growing tables, digital signatures and barcodes.

Adobe forms don't magically update data or do things with workflow - that still requires development.

However if you use one of the frameworks for Adobe forms, such as PCRs (from ECC 5.0 onwards), or better still the HCM Workforce Process Management (HR Administrative services) of ECC 6.0 Extension set 2 then these frameworks minimize the development effort significantly by providing pre-built applications, BADIs, configuration, and pre-configured workflow tasks.

The HR Admin services is particularly impressive in the way it enables update of PA and PT infotypes (including actions) without BDC.

Regards,
Jocelyn