HTTP-Errors in Approval Step for Standard Task TS50000075

baerbel.winkler@carestreamhealth.com baerbel.winkler at carestreamhealth.com
Tue Dec 4 05:06:03 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

as this is my very first post to WUG, here is a quick introduction: I've
been involved with SAP and ABAP for almost 8 years (prior to that I did
PL/1-development) but I'm completely new to Workflow (just had BIT601 last
month). I already spent some time reading and searching through the
SDN-Forums/Blogs/Wikis and have posted this question there as well last
week, but - helpful as they were - the replies haven't yet solved our
issue. As I don't really know how much overlap there is between SDN-forum-
and WUG-participants, I'd like to try this venue as well.

Now for my current issue:

I'm involved with a project to make use of the Manager Self Service (MSS)
functionality provided by SAP. A colleague and I are trying to follow the
information provided by SAP in these three documents: "Configuration Guide
for the Personnel Change Request (Release 60.1)", "Developing your own
personnel change requests (Release 50.1/50.2)" and "Internal Service
Request (ISR) cookbook (July 2004)". We are running Netweaver 04, SAP
Basis 620, SAP_HR 470.

As a prototype, we've managed to get scenario SPPD for "Change Position
(enhanced)" set up in the MyHRManager-section of the portal. We can submit
the form for one of the employees we've set up in the development system
and we also see (via transaction SWEL) that Standard Workflow WS50000041
is triggered. Subworkflow WS50000033 is triggered as well and the
work-item for standard task TS50000075 gets assigned to the correct
responsible agent (we did have an issue with the agent-assignment earlier,
but - for whatever reason - this is now working fine).

Whenever the responsible agent tries to process the workitem, we get the
following two HTTP-related errors and don't seem to be able to find the
root-cause for them:

1.
Work item 000000319008: Object method SWW_WW_EXECUTE_S cannot be executed
Message no. WL821

2.
HTTP handler for starting an external service cannot be read
Message no. SWK045

I did find a reference to WL821 in OSS where it says that this is usually
a very meaningless message, but I didn't find anything for SWK045. Does
anybody have any ideas which configuartion settings we might need to check
and possibly modify? Unfortunately, neither my colleague nor myself really
know what we need to be on the lookout for, so any information will be
helpful. We also already tried to find out where these messages get
triggered via debugging, but were not successful. A "where-used" for the
messages also didn't find anything.

Before we can progress with our project, we are fairly certain that we
first have to get the SAP-supplied PCRs working - otherwise we'll later
never know where any issues are coming from!

Thanks and Cheers
Baerbel