terminating event on a synchronous task?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Wed Aug 29 03:26:25 EDT 2007

Hello!

I have set up a terminating event on a _synchronous_ task, but it is not
working.
I assume that this is allowed?
I suspect the problem may be that the tasks's object is not the same as the
terminating event's object.

The task is based on the method SELFITEM.DISPLAY (it's just a notification
step)

The terminating event is based on the event ZMYOBJECT.COMPLETED.

When I created the terminating event for the task, I made the following
(automatic) binding:

&EVT_OBJECT&  -> &EVT_OBJECT&   (which are both based on ZMYOBJECT).

When I check SWEINST (Instance Linkages), I can see that an entry has been
made for
ZMYOBJECT.COMPLETED-> WORKITEM, and it is active, but no instance values
are stored underneath it (in Object Data) when I create a workflow
instance.

The raising of the event ZMYOBJECT.COMPLETED has no effect.
SWEL says: 'No receiver entered'

What am I missing here? Or am I attempting the impossible? There must be
some elegant way
to terminate a SELFITEM.DISPLAY step when it has become redundant...

thanks in advance for any tips
Paul Bakker (Brisbane)

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.