Purchase Req - Multiple Release codes

vijay srikanth vijay_d15 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:37:43 EDT 2007

hi,

you can try putting conditions in the header of the workflow which is linked to the event.
can you maintain a condition for first release code - R5? In that case workflow will be triggered only for the initial release code. Is that sensible? Otherwise you can also maintain programming parameters in SWETYPV check function modules, with which you can check if current object id i.e purchase order is already executing in the approval workflow, if yes then don't trigger the event. i.e sy-subrc = 4 or something.

Regards,
Vijay

Subject: Purchase Req - Multiple Release codesDate: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:51:56 -0500From: pprasad at citgo.comTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

Hello MIT Friends,
   I have an issue with my Purchase requsition workflow. The only triggering event for this workflow is 'Releasestepcreated'. Everything was working great until now just because we had only one releasecode At ONE TIME. But now they have come up with the idea that suppose if the Release code is greaterr than release codeR5(250,000 to 500,000), the config has been changed in such a way that for example, 3 release codes will appear in the 'Release Strategy' tab R5, R6 and R7. Before R7 was the only release code and when he approves it, that’s it. But now before R7 approves it, the workflow should first go to R5 and he has to hit the Release button and save it and then it has to go the next release code 'R6' and then after he releases it, the workflow should go to R7. I have taken care of all these logic.
Now the problem I am facing is the 'ReleaseStepCreated' event is being triggered 3 time when the purchase req is created. How do I restrict this event to be triggered just once at anytime?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Prashanthi Prasad SAP ABAP/Workflow CITGO Petroleum Corporation pprasad at citgo.com 832-486-4899