Assigning work items - rule extension

rina spector rina.spector at ness.com
Sun Aug 5 22:51:22 EDT 2007

Hello Rob
when  your    parameter gives a hint about the  addditional parameter   you of course can  play with it
adding a  rule of  type function calculating  both parameter's and  use   those  parameters to  pass to the
new  defined rule .
Other wise i think  it's impossible .
My suggestion
you can always extend  your old rule with  the additional parameter   Not checked as mandatory
double each original responsibility branch    with  * or the  desired value  in the new  parameter
and play with the priority so  that wf that were not converted will continue  as  before .
I would add   additional  value just in case ....
Best Regards

Rina Spector

________________________________

מאת: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu בשם rob.van.velthoven at accenture.com
נשלח: ג 31/07/2007 13:04
אל: sap-wug at mit.edu
נושא: Assigning work items - rule extension

Hi all,

In our system work items are currently assigned using one rule (which is used in about a dozen workflows and numerous tasks).

Now we need to be able to further seperate workload on an additional parameter previously not defined in this rule.

The most straightforward way would of course be to extend the rule and adjust all necessary bindings. However this will take considerable effort and might cause unexpected problems as it requires updates of bindings on at least 3 dozen locations. I would prefer a solution that can be implemented one time on one location.

Does anyone have experience with extending the parameters for work item assignment after initial implementation? Can this be handled in another manner than by extending the original rule, e.g. within the business workplace or through programming?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Kind regards,
Rob